Monday, July 25, 2005

Concert shirts and reproductions

This post is about two things and those are concert shirts at your local stores and reproduction concert shirts. Now you can find rock shirts at Wal-mart, Target and K-mart. They may have them at other stores as well, but these are the main stores I shop at. More just rock shirts than metal, but I have seen AC/DC, Kiss, Motley Crue and Guns and Roses shirts at these stores. Twenty years ago you had to go a record store or order through the mail to get rock shirts and now you can go to almost any department store and find some of them. I recently heard of a place called Trunk Limited that sold reproduction concert shirts. I looked at their site only to find out that their shirts are anywhere from $85.00-$99.00 a piece. Yes, you read those prices correctly. Those shirts cost more than some originals I have seen being sold on e-bay. K-mart sells a brand of shirt called Merch that does concert reproduction shirts and they cost less than $20.00 a piece although they don't have the selection of Trunk Limited. The shirts from Trunk Limited and Merch are made to be slightly tighter and have the faded design look of concert shirts from say the mid 70's to the mid 80's. Some metal bands are starting to have to put out reproductions of their concert like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and Slayer. This is kind of cool because these shirts have the design of the 80's shirts, but they are done on the type of shirts we have today which are larger and normally thicker than t-shirts made before like 1991. It's also cool now because I tend to have more money than when I was a teenager if I want to buy a shirt. However, I may look like some old dinosaur going out to the grocery store in an Iron Maiden shirt, but actually I only care about how I think I look. My guess is we will see more reproduction concert shirts released in the next year or so which is alright by me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

Count on it. When I was at Anthrax, Overkill and Testament, all three bands resurrected various designs from the 80s, Overkill especially. At least the shirts don't shrink right on the first wash like they used to in the eighties! I bought a Bulletboys shirt at some off-boardwalk biker and metal store, and it was a tight fit at extra large, practically unwearable after the first wash.

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home