Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Vote for a review

Here is your chance to get your say on what album I review. Once a month I review a twenty year old album so I need twelve albums to review. I have already done one for the year and I am pretty sure of eight others that I want to do which means I need three more. So I have decided that three times this year I would offer choices and you the reader get to vote for what 1986 album I will review. I will be reviewing Ozzy's the Ultimate Sin for February, but you will get to vote on what album I review in March. I will do one of these votes now, one in the summer and one in the fall and there will be a different theme each time. This time the theme will be hair metal so here are three 1986 albums to choose from.

Poison-Look what the cat dragged in

Ratt-Dancing Undercover

Stryper-To hell with the devil

So all you have to do is comment as to which of these albums you want me to review in March. I will figure some sort of a tiebreaker in the result of a tie vote. You have until February 15th to vote. So here's your chance, if you think I might write an interesting review on Poison or Ratt then you can pick one of those or you may say "That Metal Mark rubs me the wrong way so I want to stick it to him and force him to have to listen to Stryper!" then you can vote that way as well. So cast your vote now.

11 Comments:

Blogger UnHoly Diver said...

Just say no to Stryper! I agree with Ben; Poison gets my vote.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Rocky said...

Poison gets my vote, too. Looking forward to seeing your review of it.

7:24 PM  
Blogger David Amulet said...

Ratt's Dancing Undercover is one of my guilty pleasures--clearly not as good as the first two albums, but still one that I find myself listening to entirely too much. I'd hate to see you burst my bubble ... so I'll go with consensus and vote for Bret, C.C., et al.

Have at 'em. I'm posting about concerts now ...

-- david

4:14 AM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

Poison. Hairband examplified.

4:21 AM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

It looks like Poison are running away with it. I am just glad that some people voted. David, I loved Ratt from 83-90 and Dancing Undercover might be my second favorite of theirs. However Poison's debut is probably more important because it helped open a floodgate for late 80's glam bands and the LA scene really opened up after this.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Strutter71 said...

Hmmmm....I actually really liked all of these. You should definitely go with Poison, though.

8:29 AM  
Blogger T-_Bone said...

Slim pickins, but I say Ratt

12:09 PM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Strutter- I make fun of Stryper, but this was a successful album.

t-bone- Don't worry the next two sets will have some heavier choices.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Phantasmak said...

I'm all for poser/hair bands, but those Poison guys looked like sissies in that CD cover! Same goes for the tracks themselves.

And though I like Poison's work from the third album onwards, I can't say I like Stryper much at all, so I guess my vote would go to "Dancing Undercover"

6:53 PM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Current tally shows:
Poison 6
Ratt 3
Stryper 0

Still time to get your vote in.

7:49 PM  
Blogger CRAIG said...

Ratt!

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home