Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Top ten albums of 1987

When I first started this blog two and a half years ago, one of the projects I wanted to do was to re-evaluate my top ten album lists. So in December of 2005 I re-thought my top ten hard rock/metal albums of 1985 and posted it in December. So for the third year in a row, I will re-do my top ten and this time it's 1987 because that was twenty years ago. Back in August I chose twenty albums that I thought had a chance of making my list. Between August and October I gave each one a listen and narrowed it down to ten. This month I am putting the top ten in order. Then starting December 1st I will reveal the album I have at number ten and then I post one each day and countdown until revealing my number one album of 1987 on December 10th. I also give hints each day about the next album in case anyone wants to guess at wants coming up. Then on the 11th I will have the "Golden Turd of 1987" award plus the "Most improved band" award. On the 12th will be the "Five worst album covers of 1987" followed on the 13th by the "Five best album covers of 1987". So all this will be coming up in just a few weeks and I hope that you will enjoy it.

7 Comments:

Blogger BeckEye said...

Can't wait for the Golden Turd to drop!

12:53 PM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

beckeye-I will give a better explanation of what the Golden Turd award is once the times gets closer.

1:00 PM  
Blogger David Amulet said...

I'm happy you're still doing this even with the shift in your site to more interviews and fewer "casual" topics. It's one of my favorite times on this blog!

-- david

3:19 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

I'm with Dave. The personal touch is what drew me to your site.

10:03 AM  
Blogger DPTH International said...

Can't wait Mark!

10:47 AM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

David- I started a shift as I wanted to do more current reviews and then interviews followed. I will be continuing to do Heavy Metal Jukebox, Clash of the album covers and even Lesser of two evils. I will also be doing the best album of 2007 towards the end of the year.

Mike-As I wrote above, I will be continuing to do some of that. It's just there was a point where I found that I was repeating topics and straining to come up with material so I moved somewhat into a different direction. Yet there will still be several interactive topics going fairly regularly.

dpth-Thanks. I actually have the top ten done. I just have to think about the Golden Turd, the album covers and the hints for the top ten.

11:15 AM  
Blogger aXe mAn said...

That sounds really cool.
I'm looking forward to it!

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home