Saturday, April 26, 2008

What's coming up?

The biggest struggle at my house lately was being without our clothes washer for two weeks. We had to wait for a part to be ordered and finally it was fixed today and I could tackle that mountain of stinky clothes. The good news was our warranty covered the repair. Other than that I am still working my way through that stack of CDs I need to review. So this week I hope to have these out this week...

Reviews of...
Yayo-The demos
Violent Force-Malevolent assault of tomorrow (re-issue)
Johnny Crash-Unfinished Business
For Friday-Ekklesia
Your Highness-The grand hooded phantom
and maybe 1-2 more if possible.

Interviews with...
John Ricci of Exciter
David Reece of Bangalore Choir

and maybe a picture of my old back patch if I can get around to it.

***Here are ten things I think about music so far in 2008.

1-It's been a good year so far, but not a great one.
2-So far younger acts are beating the snot out of veteran acts.
3-I have heard a number of good demos from glam bands, but not a lot of good full length albums so far.
4-Like last year the overall best genres so far are doom metal and stoner rock. I would say bands from those genres occupy four-five spots in my top ten albums of the year so far.
5-Byzantine's Oblivion Beckons was the first album I heard this year and it's still the best release of 2008 so far.
6-I have not heard a whole lot of really bad albums so far, which is a good thing.
7-I have not heard a really good old style thrash album yet although I have not heard Testament's new one and Bonded by blood's new one is coming soon.
8-The 2008 release I would most recommend to fans of 1980's hard rock/metal is ShannoN's Angel in disguise.
9-Metal Mind records have released some outstanding re-issue CDs and some fine DVDs so far. A glance at their upcoming releases for the next few months looks just as good.
10-I am glad that Axl Rose's album still hasn't come out.

***Have a great week!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home