Friday, August 01, 2008

First Day Flashback

Photobucket
I had already heard and enjoyed WASP's self-titled debut by the time their sophomore effort "The Last Command" was released in the fall of 1985. This one got some attention both good and bad as it came right on the heels of the whole PMRC uproar. WASP had already getting flack for their "Animal(F*ck like a beast)" single from the year before and here they were putting out an album where one song had "sex" as part of the title. Oh, my goodness what a bunch of heathens. Anyways I remember hearing this album shortly after it was released and I liked it, but still liked the debut more because I thought it was heavier. Now I actually prefer this album to the debut because the writing was a little more involved, everything was a little tighter and the songs were a bit more varied in pace. I still listen to this regularly and I think it's of WASP's best albums and one of the best metal albums of 1985. I still have memories of from the winter of 85/86 listening to this on my tiny tape player in my room and staring at the cover thinking Blackie Lawless was some kind of madman.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

I agree with you. I remember picking this up from Curry's on lunch break, walking home on the train tracks in the rain and all I could think of was playing this tape. Warmed me better than hot chocolate and I played it repeatedly until I fell asleep. I like it better than the debut as well for the same reasons.

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home