Saturday, October 11, 2008

What's coming up?

Photobucket

Well, it's October and before I had kids that meant watching like a horror movie a day every single day of the month and probably even more the week of Halloween. Now with kids and a tighter schedule I have to push to maybe see a couple per week if I am lucky. I did manage to take watch some 50's cheese fests in the forms of "Earth vs. the spider" and "The Alligator People" this past week. "Earth vs. the spider (also known as just "The spider") is one of the better giant creature goes beserk type creations that was cranked out by filmmaker Bert I. Gordon and it earns some points for having the spider getting revived by rock 'n roll. Gordon spent the better part of three decades making such clunkers as the truly ridiculous "Food of the gods", the pathetic "Beginning of the end" and not so amazing "The Amazing Colossal Man". "The Alligator people" is a rather blah story about a man transforming into you guessed it an alligator. However some decent performances and locations help it out. Anyway I have yet to listen to all of the CDs that I am committing to review yet the ones that I have heard make me think this week will be like "trick or treat" for me. Some of the ones I will be reviewing will be considered for my top 25 albums of 2008 here in two months. Some of the other ones I will be reviewing will be considered for use as coasters for my drink. Here is what I hope to get done this week.

Reviews of:
Forever Slave-Tales for bad girls
Gojira-The way of all flesh
F5-The Reckoning
Cowboy Prostitutes-Swingin' at the fences
Rose Tattoo-Blood Brothers
Helix-Heavy Mental Christmas
Xystus-Equlibrio

Interviews with:
Toxic
Chains

and either a Lesser of two evils or Clash of the album covers.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger BeckEye said...

I have a shit ton of bad (and good) horror flicks in my Netflix queue, and hoping to get through as many of them as I can before Halloween. We watched "T.H.E.M." and "Campfire Stories" last night.

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home