Thursday, February 19, 2009

Necroblaspheme - Destination: Nulle Part

Photobucket
Agonia Records
2008

I received this disc a while back and it ended on my stack for a while before I hauled it out. I think the giant floating tar-like mass and the simple logo had me thinking it was going to some sort of a progressive metal effort. Now I wished that I had given this one spin earlier. Necroblaspheme hail from France and play some killer death metal. This is classic death metal with it's roots in the late 80's-early 90's styles of the genre. They crank out choppy riffs and blend an in excellent use of odd beats. They have an amazing grasp on how and when to move and vary the tones and pace. The music is low and deep when needed and they switch gears and sink their teeth into some brutal riffs. They are creative and they go beyond the use retro-death metal style that has been common in recent years. Every member of the band is solid and they knock out some incredible and ferocious blasts of speed and heaviness. The style isn't completely new, but this band are certainly well above the curve in the songwriting and playing departments. My only regret is that I didn't play this disc sooner.



Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger The Dragon of M87 said...

An awesome album, although I had the same initial reaction to the cover art.

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home