Friday, December 18, 2009


My top 25 albums of 2009 finishes up today.

5-Slough Feg-Ape uprising
More of their style of NWOBHM with underlying folk melodies, but one of their stronger albums.
4-Slayer-World painted blood
One of their best ina long time
3-Black Cobra-Chronomega
Slow, thick and heavy.
2-Admiral Browning-Magic Elixar
Holy shit, these guys built a wall of sound on this album.
1-Mastodon-Crack the skye
Not what I figured this album would be like, not even what i hoped for perhaps, but great nonetheless.

Photobucket

There you go.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good list, but for me the top 2 of the year is KISS - Sonic Boom and Megadeth - Endgame.

11:02 AM  
Blogger Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

I of course agree with you on Mastodon...they've generated an overwhelming amount of Best Album nods everywhere I look. Anon, good call on the Megadeth album. I had it # 7, but it's fantastic. Sonic Boom was much better than I was counting on it to be, at least.

9:26 PM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

I never got around to hearing Megdeth, but would like too. Don't really have much interest in KISS at this point.

12:39 PM  
Anonymous FeZZy said...

WoW thank you for the props sir...astounded by the outcome..we are Humbled and grateful for your opinion and for taking the time to listen! Fezz,Tim.Matt AB

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Woody said...

Nice list. That Slough Feg tape really impressed me, too.

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home