Thursday, March 02, 2006

Fireball Ministry-Their rock is not our rock, 2005

This album was released back in the fall, but I just got it maybe a month and a half ago. Fireball Ministry are an LA based band that sometimes get pegged as a stoner rock band which I think is only partly accurate. There are touches of early 70's rock here and that's mainly a little Sabbath influence. The new album also shows some more classic metal stylings that recall bands like Judas Priest and Accept for starters. The new album is perhaps more accessible than the last album 'The second great awakening'. However that doesn't mean that's it's toned down, but the band has instead tightened up their sound a bit and it's bit more straight forward. I could see this being an album that a lot of people would really like if they would give it the chance. The music is simple, but effective and the vocals are clear and strong. They aren't playing anything new, but I feel their greatest strength is that I truly believe that they enjoy what they are doing and it comes across in their sound. I believe that they are playing what they want to play and there are no put-ons or posing and that's important and not as common as it should be. I know they opened some in the fall for CKY and some east coast dates for Clutch, but maybe they will go out for one more leg of the tour. Not quite a must have, but it's refreshing to hear a band that still believes in playing no nonsense metal. I truly think they are more concerned with playing what they want then they are about selling albums and says a lot about the kind of band that they are.

2 Comments:

Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

Haven't had a chance to give them a listen. I will have to check them out. Thanks for the heads up. I am having a review of my own this week. Feel free to pop in and give some thoughts.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

They are really solid.

7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home