Saturday, October 28, 2006

What's coming up?

The first part of next week is still in October so those topics will be:

-Ozzy-Diary of a madman review (I listened to it Friday afternoon on vinyl)
-The last ten horror movie mini-reviews
-Something on Halloween

The rest of the week is of course the start of November so those topics will include.

-Battle of the bands
-Metallica-Master of puppets twenty year old album review (I have my vinyl set out to listen to this weekend)
-and maybe one other topic

Actually I pulled out several albums today and in addition to Ozzy I listened to Ratt, At War, Dokken and Vyper all on vinyl. There is still something great about lowering the needle and feeling the anticipation as you hear the quick pops right before the music starts.


**Here is an issue that's going on and will probably continue for a while. With Tower records going out and more ordering online and downloading, do you think record stores will eventually be phased out completely?

2 Comments:

Blogger Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

in due time, yes....maybe not for another decade... Wal Mart and Target have really hurt the retail music chains, and even though they're expensive as hell, Borders and Barnes and Noble do pretty well in their music departments too...I get a lot of my world music from B&N

11:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Ray. Near where I live, Tower was the very last record store around. I'll miss it very much. But I have to admit, I download almost all my music now.

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home