Saturday, July 28, 2007

What's coming up?

I have to go back to work on Monday after being off all week. I finished the new Harry Potter the other day and it was very good, but now it's a bit sad that there are no more new books to look forward to. I really have not listened to that much this week because of being on vacation, but I am gradually getting back into the swing of things.

This coming week I hope to have out....

-Monday will be the last Trans-Atlantic Metal Monday and it will be Armored Saint's March of the saint.
-Tuesday will be "Bad lyric day" so I need to dig out some bad lyrics. I probably won't have to dig very far though to find some.
-Twenty year old album review of Anthrax's Among the living
-Probably another Heavy Metal Jukebox or Judge the album cover or maybe even both if I can get to it.
-A review of King Diamond's new one "Give me your soul...please"

Also with August coming this is the month where I begin working on my top ten albums from 1987. This will be the third year I have done this project so I have my system down. Some time in August I will briefly explain how it works and the results will be posted in early December.

**I will leave you with a question. What do you think of concept albums? Does it go just on a case by case basis? Or do you think that maybe bands generally bite off more than they can chew by doing them? What do you think?

2 Comments:

Blogger The Mule said...

I enjoy concept albums on a case-by-case basis for sure. Some of my favourite albums of all time are conceptual (Zen Arcade, Clutching at Straws, Thick as a Brick, Animals), and generally I like to hear bands striving for something grand and ambitious.

12:22 PM  
Blogger aXe mAn said...

Sounds like another good week....lookin' forward to it. I always like the Jukebox!

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home