Monday, December 17, 2007

My button collection

Okay, this probably only interests me, but here are some pics I took earlier today of my button and pin collection. About 10% are non-music and they Star Trek, sports teams and some movie related buttons. About another 10% are plain rock and punk rock like the stones, the Cars, GBH, Minor Threat and others. The other 80% are hard rock and metal bands. I have not bought many at all in the last say six years, but I have quite a few. I have a few more on my two denim jackets, but I didn't feel like them off the jackets for these pictures.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This is everything all in a pile minus my Van Halen buttons because I keep those in a different box. This pile just about fills up a cigar box.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Here is a close-up of the above pile only I tried to turn more of them right side up.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Here are some metal pins and I used to wear some them on my leather jacket many years ago. The larger ones are very solid.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This is my Van Halen button and pin collection. Only one is with Sammy and maybe one or two of Dave from his solo career. The rest are Van Halen with Dave.

4 Comments:

Blogger Allyson said...

Hey, that's a really cool collection. I only have a handful of buttons... I wish I had more. I always find it hard to store these things. I hate clutter.

Allyson B. Crawford
www.bringbackglam.com

5:22 PM  
Blogger bob_vinyl said...

That's pretty cool. Buttons were such a big thing in the 80s and then they faded away. They've become popular again in the punk and indie scenes, but I dunno if that carries over into metal anymore.

Do you remember the first one you bought? Mine was a Screaming for Vengeance button that I bought probably in about 1984.

I'll have to dig my buttons out and post a picture too. You should also do your patches. As I recall you had a fair number of those also.

10:00 PM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Allyson-The cigar box wroks best because it's easy to store. I pull them once in a while to look at. My kids like looking at them as well.

Bob-My first was a Twisted Sister one with the bone TS bought in 1984 at Ames.

I gave away a number of patches, but still have some. I still have my Anthrax backpatch in pretty good shape too.
The record store still sells some metal buttons. I have gotten Motorhead, Slayer and some others in recent years

4:33 AM  
Blogger DPTH International said...

I really like the redish Twisted Sister bones one. Simple and recognizable. I have a handful of buttons, but nothing music related.

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home