Monday, December 10, 2007

Number one

My top hard rock/metal album of 1987 is....


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Guns and Roses-Appetite for destruction

Despite how good Anthrax and Kreator's albums were this was still an easy decision. This was a fresh and interesting album that came at a time when hard rock was starting to get a little stale. G-n-R had a unique approach that brought some much needed life back to hard rock and they had appeal beyond just the normal crowd as well. Despite what Axl has (or hasn't) done with the band name, this is still a great album that holds up very well even today.



That wraps up the top ten, but "The most improved band award" and "The Golden Turd award" for 1987 will be out on Tuesday.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Tuesday said...

oohh.. thats a great choice... but 1987... Im sayin album of the year has to go to Michael Jackson "Bad"... metal or not!

5:44 AM  
Blogger bob_vinyl said...

Actually, I'm a little bit surprised by this choice. I think it's a good one, but I expected a metal band from you and I couldn't figure out who you were gonna pick.

Next year should be interesting, because she should have as much competition for the Golden Turd as you do for the top ten. 1988 was a rough year.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

ms.tuesday-Thanks for stopping by. I have never heard all of Bad and I am sure that I never will.

bob-I am going to talk a little about 1988 on Friday, but it wasn't a good year even though a lot of big names had releases.

5:18 PM  
Blogger Rhodeislandrock said...

Not surprised on this choice, it tops most 1987 lists. I had the record before 'Welcome To The Jungle' started to get heavy rotation and I thought the whole album was great. Watching it rise to the top and knowing that I knew before everyone I knew was cool. The thing about that record was that the singles that were released weren't even the best tunes on the album. I like 'My Michelle', 'Think About You', 'Night Train', 'Mr. Brownstone' and 'Rocket Queen' are better than 'Paradise City' and the rest. Of course, now all the album tracks get played on classic rock radio.

Steve
Heavy Metal Addiction

9:41 AM  
Blogger DPTH International said...

Good Choice! Appetite is a killer album.

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home