Friday, June 06, 2008

Pelvic Fury- Non-Euclidean Nightmare

Photobucket


2008
Self-produced

I wasn’t completely sure what to expect here, but I am always sufficiently please when an album is better than I hope. Pelvis Thrust hail from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and started out in 2001. They have gone through some line-up changes and have now released Npn-Euclidean nightmare. Pelvic Fury play a rather frantic style of thrash with some strong progressive metal bursts woven into the mix. Right from the start this album just busts open with an explosion of sounds which are almost difficult to keep up with. Once my ears adjusted then I just sit back and soak in the sounds that were being thrown and grinded out. These guys have the technical know how in abundance and they keep pushing forward bringing a rather intense display that just keeps flowing no matter how many pace changes they throw in. The vocals are about as brutal as the music is tight and despite the contrast I think the results are very impressive. I think this an album that I enjoy more with each play because there is so much taking place here that you can’t it all in with just one play. Yet with repeated plays I was noticing more impressive parts that I didn’t catch the first or even second time around.


http://www.myspace.com/pelvicfury

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

We're glad you enjoyed it :)

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home