Saturday, February 20, 2010

Fatalist-The depths of inhumanity

Ibex moon
2009

I was a huge thrash fan in the 1980's and it seemed a natural for me to migrate into death metal in the late 1980's and early 1990's. I did to some extent and liked a number of acts of the time, but just like thrash there were a lot of bands who went through the paces but didn't do enough to define themselves. So many bands sounded the same and that was a large reason why I wasn't as big in death metal after a certain point. Fatalist remind me of those feelings I had almost twenty years ago. They go through the paces of old school death metal with the required heaviness, growls and lightning quick drums. Problem is that they don't reallty push enough to be anything other than adeuate. I heard a few brief moments where they stray from the routine and interject some different riff or even a few bass lines standing on their own. However those moments are very few and far between. I listened to this album in it's entirety twice and afterwards still had trouble remembering a whole lot about it. Even die hard fans of the genre will have trouble finding strong reasons for listening to this band. It's not bad at all, but all in all it's rather faceless attempt.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home