Wednesday, March 02, 2011

De Magia Veterum-The Divine Antithesis


Transcendental Creations 2011


There are some albums I review that I can sort of get away with having them on while the family is home. Not many though as my wife complains that it all sounds like "noise". With that in mind The Divine Antithesis would probably put her over the edge. I'm guessing her and the kids would make about it about 15 seconds before telling me to turn this off. De Magia Veterum have been dubbed "avant-garde black metal" by some. Maybe older discs sound that way I'm not sure. Here though this is noise metal. Mories (Gnaw Their Tongues, Ophiuchus, Pompidou, Aderlating, Astral et al) is the man behind the name. Formed in 2003 Mories handles "everything" on this release which is the musical equivalent of having your face dragged over a cheese grater. Trust me folks this is love it or loathe it territory. Even for me and my tolerance for extreme music this was a tough go. Blackened noise metal has it's audience I'm sure it's just that I'm probably not in it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home