Saturday, August 03, 2013

Last Chance To Reason-Level 3

Prosthetic
2013

This is album number three for Last Chance To Reason. Hence the "Level 3" title and all. It's also supposedly a concept album. I say "supposedly" as there is very little information that came attached to this promo (or digital album if you will). Instead it came with all sorts of ringing endorsements. What little information I've been able to piece together is from here, there and anywhere I could! So, if any info is wrong I do humbly apologize. The group, which hails from Augusta, Maine, recorded "Level 3" at Audiohammer Studios in Sanford, Fla. with Eyal Levi (Dååth, Whitechapel, Six Feet Under) at the helms. Musically this is the very definition of progressive metal, but is it worth all the hype it came per-packaged with? Lead vocalist Michael Lessard looks and sounds the part of a qualified lead singer alright, but it looks as if  he has already jumped ship for The Contortionist. Other then that it looks as if this band/project has had more line-up changes then this page has space for!  The band's Facebook page does however list some additional musicians in guitarists AJ Harvey and Mike Abdow with the rest of the gang being Chris Corey on bass and Evan Sammons on drums. Oh, and also the band's one link takes you to their own online video game or something. Weird. Anyway, this is progressive metal like I said and should perhaps appeal to progressive metal fans. Honestly though I found the album to be slow-going with nothing much to it. Maybe it's just me, but I just don't hear what the fuss is about. That's not much of a ringing endorsement I suppose, but when it comes to this kind of progressive metal there are fans that I know off that do tend to like material like this that might be more clinical and technical then catchy and emotionally.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home