Saturday, April 11, 2009

Top 5 albums of 1973

Photobucket

Here they are.

1-Black Sabbath-Sabbath bloody sabbath
2-Led Zeppelin-Houses of the holy
3-Alice Cooper-Billion dollar babies
4-Budgie-Never turn your back on a friend
5-New York Dolls-s/t

My favorite albums by Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin happened to come out the same year. I probably flop between them as to which I prefer. For today I'll go with Sabbath. "Billion Dollar Babies" was yet another yet spectacular entry for Alice Cooper. "Never turn your back on a friend" is one of Budgie's best. The New York Dolls' debut is certainly a strong outing and one of the better glam albums of it's time.

I'll have my list for 1972 out next week.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

73' was such a great year in music. Some of my favorites are: Floyd: Dark Side of the Moon, King Crimson: Larks Tongues in Aspic, ELP: Brain Salad Surgery, The Who: Quadrophenia, and David Bowie: Aladdin Sane.

10:51 AM  
Anonymous rock n roll view said...

Nice list of albums from 73. I should really check out that Dolls album.

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home