Monday, February 22, 2010

Judas Priest as heard by a five year old

Last week one night the kids were watching something in the living room. I went to out bedroom to get some laundry folded and put away. While there I decided to put in Judas Priest's Live Vengeance 1982 DVD to make the chore go faster. While I was watching in my five (almost six) year old came in to see what I was doing. She stayed for a few songs and had these observations.

(On Rob Halford) "Boy, he has a huge screaming voice" and "Does it hurt to sing like that?"

Next she asked if this was recorded a long time ago and I said yes. She followed with "Wow, they must all grandpas by now and I'll bet they don't go out an do this loud music anymore since they are all grandpas".

One she said more than once "I guess they aren't wearing shirts because they are so hot and sweating. I guess they didn't want to get their shirts sweaty so they took them off first".

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Metal Misfit said...

:D

Kids say the darnedest things! Funny. You should have her "review" more.

8:31 PM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

I have a four year old son too who also gets to listen to listen to a lot of my music. Maybe on occasion I'll play an older metal for them and share the kid's thoughts on it here in a blog post from time to time.

5:59 AM  
Blogger Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

That was great insight! I used to rock Troy to sleep every night by singing the chorus of Priest's "Heavy Metal." The brainwashing has worked to this point.

11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home