Monday, April 12, 2010

Ufomammut-Eve

Photobucket
Supernaturalcat/Malleus
2010

The fifth album from Ufomammutis billed as a multi-form 45 minute long single track, structured in 5 main movements. It is also as the title indicates all about the first woman on Earth. Each movement is a sperate part of the whole and each has it's own individual sound. The track include chants, heavy beats and a huge variety of odd noises, sounds and anything else they could push into the mix. The results range from overwhelmingly heavy tp intriguingly bizarre, but the bottom is that everything about this album pulls you in. I found that they reach out far more than on the previous album Idolum. The aspect of this album that impacted me first was the vast worlds that they have created here. It's not like a song streaming out of your stereo, but rather all that they have created will come pouring out of your speakers and instantly overcome you. That is not a simple task, but this band made it sound easy as they plunge ahead. I just kep having the impression of having my senses pounded from many directions all at once. Many of the parts are slow in pace, but styles very from abrasive to beautiful and many in between. Ufomammut didn't just create songs or selctions here, but it's more like they created temporary worlds and they drag us along for the trip. After my first play of "Eve" my jaw dropped and my ears ached, but I was ready to hear it again. Simply an amazing album.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Mighty High said...

I'm listening to it right now. It's pretty remarkable.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Best album I have heard so far in 2010. I can't imagine it not being in at least the top three albums at the end of this year.

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home