Friday, January 07, 2011

Svart Crown-Witnessing The Fall

Listenable Records 2011
My knowledge of black metal is limited to Venom, Hellhammer and Bathory. That's really about it. I do enjoy blackened thrash and death metal (Death being an all time fave band) though so it isn't like I'm not in a position to review this album by Svart Crown it's just that to me a lot of black metal bands sound alike. With that said this is a beast of an album. Svart Crown are from France and play a brutal form of black death metal. Vocalist JB Le Bail has got the demon possessed cookie monster from hell shrill down pat and the band can play some mean metal (when they aren't playing at a thousand miles an hour). I honestly couldn't pick out anything I didn't like but then again I couldn't pick out anything that stood out. That is one problem with black metal. It does blur together often. But that said fan's of Morbid Angel, Viking Crown and Mayhem sound enjoy this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home