Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Iron Savior-The landing

iron saviour

AFM
2011

For me power metal is a genre that's normally hit or miss for me. If a band gets too caught in lofty passages I normally say forget it. However they remember their metal roots and do more of a mix of metal and soaring melodies then I can normally get into it. Fortunately the latest album from Iron Savior certainly falls into the second category. This is old hat for these guys because they have been around for 15 years. However this is there their first album in four years which is the longest gap they have had between albums during their career. This is a slight upgrade from 2007's Megatropolis. The songs here are pure metal at their core and they just add in melodies and even some fast surgin passages as well. This style has been done before, but they do it very well. They bring a steady stream of strong riffs and heavy beats. Even a song with cheesy lyrics like "Heavy metal never dies" sounds splendid from Iron Savior because they know that forceful music and vocals can make it work. This album turned out so well because the band just forges ahead and you go with them. The only negative thing I can say about it is I wish that I heard it two weeks ago because it may have made my lsit for best album of 2011.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger T-_Bone said...

I have not heard this yet. For me Battering Ram was a big step down, and Megatropolis was average at best.

8:20 AM  
Blogger rockeandobcn said...

Another point of view

http://rockeandobcn.blogspot.com/2012/02/iron-savior-landing.html?m=1

2:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home