Thursday, September 05, 2013

Interview with Ross the Boss

Recently I had the pleasure of interviewing the one and only Ross the Boss. Well known thanks to his time in Manowar, Ross is currently playing with the epic power metal act Death Dealer. Their full-length debut album, "War Master", was just recently released and you can read my review of it at the bottom of this page. I want to thank Ross for taking the time to do this interview with Heavy Metal Time Machine as this talented guitarist does lead a very busy life!
Andy-You've had such a long and fruitful career in metal Ross. Can you tell us how you first got your feet wet as a musician?

Ross-Well I started playing piano when I was 7 then unfortunately switched to violin when I was 11. By the time I turned 13 RnR and the ladies were calling me so that put me on the path I'm still on.
 

Andy-I'm sure you've been asked this a thousand times over, but I've always wondered how did you get your nickname?

Ross-My nickname ?? Well, I can tell you I don't like it, but its more to do with me playing baseball than music! hahahahaha
 

Andy-You've seemingly done it all Ross, from playing in a punk band (which I fondly remember discovering as a teenager!) to having been a founding member of one of the greatest epic heavy metal bands of all times! Are there any moments that stand out more then others?

Ross-Good question. I'll tell you what really stands out is the hard work, blood, sweat and tears that had to occur if anything was to succeed . There was a lot of sacrifice that went down in the early days of The Dictators and Manowar, but now I look back and its very satisfying .
 

Andy-While your life almost reads like a bucket list for many are there any regrets for you? Is there anything that you never got around to that you wish you had?

Ross-Regrets? Yes. What comes to mind is the insanity of me being asked to leave Manowar weeks before the release of "Kings of Metal". We were really a good band on the brink of greatness. The following tour would have been amazing! I could imagine a live CD OMG, but alas it wasn't meant to be...oh well.
 

Andy-Your new band Death Dealer features a whose who of heavy metal veterans. From a time standpoint was it difficult to get everyone together to record "War Master"?

Ross-Actually forming DeathDealer  was very easy. With Sean , Stu, Mike and Kenny on board it was a no brainer!
 

Andy-Both you and Rhino played in Manowar, but not at the same time. How did it come about that the two of you played together on this project?

Ross-Well, as I said, when Sean told me Rhino was on board I jumped for the opportunity to be in DD, but I would have joined on the strength of our music which is the most important reason.
 

Andy-Are there plans to make this a long-term project?

Ross-DeathDealer is the band that all of us want to be in. I can tell you we are here for the long run. This is not a "project". No way!!
 

Andy-Will the band be able to tour behind this album or is that just way too impossible with every one's schedule?

Ross-Touring for DeathDealer ?? Hahahaha! Absolutely, as I said DD is our band. We will be a touring juggernaut! 

Andy-I'll leave you with the last word. Anything else you'd like to add or say to your fans Ross?

Ross- I salute my fans and hope to see everyone real soon. Spread the word DEATHDEALER!!! Thank you.

http://metalmark.blogspot.com/search?q=Death+Dealer-War+Master 



Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home