Thursday, September 12, 2013

Squash Bowels-Grindcoholism

Selfmadegod Records
2013

Here's another release that slipped through my fingers as much as it slipped my mind. Sometime back, my guess would be late July or maybe early August, I managed to play this one when the house was empty save for the sounds of my own personal ghosts. The kids were gone and I enjoyed the none-to-subtle sounds of a hammer beating the shit out of someones brains (or as it's normally called or known as "grindcore") the likes of which I haven't heard since the heyday of Earache Records (man, those were the days). On the sixth full-length studio album from these Polish "grind butchers" we see a band, which incidentally was formed in April of 1994, that isn't afraid to crank out grindcore that is sometimes almost groovy while always being more then a little bit, strike that it's a hell of a lot, bloody and gory! Otherwise it's grind so what more is there to it then that? If I hadn't fallen asleep on the job I'd have posted about ti back then (whenever that was), but right now will have to do I suppose. The current line-up looks as if it features bassist/vocalist Artur "Paluch" Grassmann, guitarist Andrzej "Andy" Pakos and drummer Mariusz "Melon" Miernik. The three sure do cover a lot of ground (racket-wise) on the excellently-named/aptly-titled "Grindcoholism" as we're talking about 14 tracks covered in less then 32 minutes. The longest track is "Surrender" at 3:33 and, as I listened to the album once more for this review, the album moves along at a brisk pace (yes, even by grindcore standards). While it might not be groundbreaking release or anything like that it is a frantic and down-right filthy album that is sure to scare your neighbors and destroy everything around you save for the cockroaches and your personal demons/ghosts! In other words it a grind-ridden good time!  

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home