Saturday, January 05, 2008

What's coming up and top ten bands

I can't believe it is 2008 already, but it is. So I am just trying to adjust to the New Year and keep up. I am trying to keep up with reviews, sending out and pulling back interviews plus trying to come up with new ideas and angles here and there.

This week I hope to have reviews of the following out.
Dirt Mall-Got the goat by the horns
Brain Police-Beyond the wasteland
Big Cock-Motherload
The Ocean-Precambrian

plus
Interview with Mike Chappel of Sweet Cheater
and
Another segment of Clash of the album covers

About once a year I like to re-evaluate my top ten band's lists (yes, I am very list oriented). Anyway here is the list of my current top ten favorite bands.
1-Black Sabbath
2-Iron Maiden
3-Motorhead
4-Rush
5-Van Halen
6-Led Zeppelin
7-Judas Priest
8-Armored Saint
9-Alice Cooper
10-Pentagram

****Do you have a list of your top ten favorite bands?

6 Comments:

Blogger bob_vinyl said...

1. Beatles
2. The Clash
3. Led Zeppelin
4. Black Flag
5. Bad Brains
6. Madness
7. Minor Threat
8. Iron Maiden
9. White Stripes
10. Johnny Cash


For mine to be accurate,I'd probably have to change it daily or something, because there's a lot of other bands that are so close to being on the list that it's splitting hairs to omit them. I also always manage to forget someone who's vital.

10:02 PM  
Blogger captain corky said...

Rush, and Van Halen are up there for sure, but I need more time to think about it.

Happy New Year Mark!

12:05 AM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

bob-We have two in common. Minor Threat would be in my top five favorite punk bands if I did such a list.

Captain corky-Happy New Year and the playoffs begin today.

4:18 AM  
Blogger captain corky said...

Sweet second half between the Skins and Seahawks. The Playoffs kick ass!!!

4:27 PM  
Blogger David Amulet said...

I have such lists, but they change often .. and I tend to do separate genre lists. I did some on my site in 2006 or 2007 ( I can't recall which now), but most of yours were on my lists as I recall.

My hard rock side lately has been way into Cream, Zep, Mastodon, Rush, Dream Theater, Iced Earth, and Black Sabbath. I haven't listened to any Priest or Maiden in months.

-- david

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Randy Rhoads
2. Dead Boys
3. CrashDiet
4. Sister
5. Vains of Jenna
6. Danger
7. Pretty Boy Floyd
8. Alleycat Scratch
9. Faster Pussycat
10. Wrathchild UK

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home