Monday, March 10, 2008

Smashed Alley-Hardcore Superstar

Photobucket
Enigma One
2007

When I put this CD in the first I thing I noticed was that the production is severely rough. I actually had adjust the settings on my stereo to be able to hear everything a little better and even then much of the music is muddy at best. The cymbals are way in the foreground above every other part of the music so that makes it hard to strain to hear the bulk of the music. That’s a shame because I like what I can hear, but it’s so buried that it took several plays and a great of effort to really piece together what was going on. What I could make out was that it’s 1980’s style glam in the vain of “Too fast for love” era Motley Crue which is fine by me. The vocals of Fenix Anthony are also fairly similar to early Vince Neil and the vocals are the only thing besides the cymbals that are east to hear. It’s a shame about the production because I think the music sounds solid, but it’s kind of like trying to listen something with a quilt over the speaker. Most of it is very muffled and it’s just too difficult for me to be exactly sure of all that’s going on. I do like the vocals and what I could make out of the music, but they have to really work out the production problems if they want people to notice them because most people are not going to make the effort to strain past production values that are this rough.


http://www.myspace.com/fenixfm

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

how about some Smashed Gladys?

6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home