Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Swarm Theory

Photobucket


Swarm Theory are from Raliegh, North Carolina and I recently received an e-mail asking me to check out their Myspace page. It took me a while to get to it, but I am glad that I did. They play a style of progressive hard rock/metal that's somewhat influenced by early progrssive metal from the 80's such as early Queensryche and Crimson Glory. However they dash in some heavier and certainly darker tones as well. The three tracks on their Myspace page are all somewhat raw. Yet that sound actually fits rather well with their sound as it sets them apart from the usual shine and polish that is sometimes over used in progressive metal. I certainly like the potential I heard on their tracks so hop and check them out.

http://www.myspace.com/5fatalities

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home