Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The unknown

I have hear a lot of bands over the years. The good, the bad and everyone in between. Still there are of course a multitude that I have not heard because of lack of time, money or just general lack of interest on my part. However back in the 80's I would spend so much time in record stores looking at all of the choices even if I didn't have the funds to buy anything. Some of these bands I heard back then, some I heard years later and some I have still never got around to hearing. Here are some that fall in the last category that I remember seeing albums for back in the 1980-early 90's.

Tarzen-I saw the s/t debut from this Spanish band in a local record store around 85-86 and was curious. Never heard or really pursued it. Most reports say I am not missing anything.

Darkness-No, not the Darkness, but rather a German thrash outfit that knocked out several albums. I loved Kreator, Sodom and the like years ago and several times I had albums by this band in my clutches, but always opted for something else.

Warlord-I remember seeing "And the cannons of destruction have begun" at one point and had even heard of this band in the metal mags. I don't know why I passed on them, but most sources say they are worth checking out.

I am sure there are countless others I passed on, but those are the top ones that come to my mind right away.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

man...Warlord. Their debut, Deliver Us, is in my top 10 of all time. Something very special about that one for me. Cannons was ok. It had a different singer and they rerecorded most of the first album and added some new songs. The rerecorded versions don't sound so great but the newer tracks are fine. Aliens, Lost and Lonely Days, Soliloquy. Cannons is pretty easy to fin, methinks but Deliver Us is pretty elusive. I have a spare that I'm listing on eBay soon.

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home