Thursday, December 01, 2011

The Sacrificed-The Little Drummer Boy 'EP'


Roxx Records
2011












Tis the season when we the public get bombarded by heavy metal Christmas projects. I can usually take or leave these kinds of albums. I mean after awhile once you've heard one heavy metal version of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" you've heard them all! As is by the time Christmas finally rolls around I'm rather tired of hearing holiday music. If they just started playing it after Thanksgiving that would be one thing. More and more though stores are playing it before turkey day and that my friends is just wrong! Anyone, here we have The Sacrificed doing a heavy, almost power metal version of "The Little Drummer Boy". Off hand I can't remember the last time I heard this one given the hard and heavy treatment although I am sure it has happened. All in all it isn't half bad. It is what it is really. If your into this sort of thing you'll appreciate it if not then well pass. The rest of this EP is made up of teaser material from their forthcoming album "III". From the sounds of it "III" just might be an album of interest as it's pretty heavy and fast metal filled with crunchy riffs and pounding drums. Since I have more Christmas heavy metal promos in my inbox this is just the first look at this sort of thing so be warned!

1 Comments:

Blogger DPTH International said...

Tortured Conscience do a decent death metal version of Little Drummer Boy on A Brutal Christmas: A Season In Chaos.

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home