Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Dizzy Bitch-In The Pink (2011 Re-issue)



Azra/FIJI Records/1986
FnA/ 2011


Oh dear God in heaven what in the name of all that is holy is this? "In The Pink" came out in 1986 and just in case you thought that eighties rock couldn't possible get any worse we have this three piece act and this pile of dung to prove that not only was there a rock bottom (see any "Hair Metal Hell" for proof), but there was a rock bottom to said rock bottom. Lead by vocalist/guitarist Hondo Blackout (it gets worse) the band also featured Tim Tation (ugh) on bass and backing vocals and Johnny Lust (what the hell?) on drums and backing vocals. Words alone fail to describe how truly atrocious this is. This Lakewood CA, act fall flat on their faces somewhere between pop rock and sleaze metal. Imagine a world where a more pop-rock Quite Riot was influenced by Teeze. Now imagine a world where there was an even more lame version of said band with little in the way of talent and there you would find Dizzy Bitch. The fact that this band has the nerve to list the Plasmatics as an influence (in addition to all the usual hair metal/hard rock superstars of the day) makes me ashamed to be a Wendy O. Williams fan. Truly this album deserves the "Hair Metal Hell" treatment, but even I could not or would not subject Metal Mark to this crap. I care about him way too much to watch his ears bleed from this abomination. Truly awful and one of the worst hair metal releases I've ever heard. When I say this is lame I'm being generous.


Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous scott whitt said...

I went to the FNA site looking ta the Roxx Gang set. When I saw this I laughed. It looked like a parody. The "musicians" names are so bad that they seem made up. I shudder to think of what the original sounds like if this is the remaster.
I take it, this is not in the Top 25?

10:20 PM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

I think I'll pass on this one. I have heard plenty of bad hair metal albums.

4:00 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

This album would make the Top 25 or even Top 10 of all time horrible hair metal releases. It makes me wonder sometimes about FNA Records. They have put out a lot of releases I like, but they also put out some truly awful crap. I just don't get it.

4:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home