Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Sink-Holy Testament

Svart Records
2013


Why is it that five of the six pictures that came with this promo featured a guy's butt? Really? That's the best you could come up with? It isn't so much shocking as it is a "and your point is?" moment. It's really not the first thing I want to see when I open an email and it doesn't really inspire me all that much to listen to the album. Being the "professional" that I am though I trudge on naked butt and all. Your backside be damned I say! I will listen to this album!


 So I did. I listened to it once and then I listened to it twice. No, I wasn't trying to find out if Sink was naughty or nice! I was simply tying to come up with some kind of reasonable response to Sink's "music". For the record I've heard this name before-somewhere, sometime. Maybe I've covered them before and don't remember how or why, but the sound sticks. Sink are black/sludge/noise/whatever. Only this time they toss in a little who-knew, voodoo in the form of psychedelic...whatever. It's not like it makes it any more mainstream or easier to digest. It's still some weird shit from what is obviously a weird-ass band (pun intended). This is the kind of band your either into or not going to get at all. I can't see anybody suddenly "getting into" Sink as they inhabit their own little universe of weirdness.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home