Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Grindmother-Age of Destruction

Self-Release/Independent
2016


Socially-conscious/political three-piece band Grindmother, active since January of 2015 and featuring the mother and son duo of Grindmother (vox) and Rain Forest (guitars), released it's studio debut, "Age of Destruction", back in April of last year. For reasons beyond my comprehension I am only now hearing about this unbelievably trio (drummer Tyson Apex fills out the ranks) and their utterly sick EP. That's absolutely shameful on so many levels, but it's better to have been late to the party than to miss out on it completely!  Calling Windsor, Ontario home and fronted by a 68 year old singer that could have easily done guest studio work for bands like Napalm Death, Carcass, Brutal Truth, and Naked City (without anyone being the wiser as to who was really behind the mic!), Grindmother is (hand's down folks!) one of best new grindcore bands out there!! Yep, that sounds (out of this world and way past the end of the known universe) bat shit crazy, but the proof is right over here. I'll be honest and admit that I didn't think that it was possible. A grindcore band that is lead by a 68 year old woman? There's no way that could possibly work. Or at least that it what I though prior to hearing this 10-track EP. Now I would be the first one to step up to this BRUTAL vocalist and apologize and for ever doubting her skills. I mean that would be right after I asked her to autograph my CD copy of "Age of Destruction"!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home