Wednesday, March 01, 2017

Funnels... "Funnelvision"

AX-RC
2017

Released back on January 14th (with apologizes to it's creator for the tardiness in addressing it),  "Funnelvision" is the full-length debut from Funnels...(aka Dumphop). Funnels... (pictured below and henceforth known as "F" for practical reasons) is not only the drummer of  Inconvenience Store, but a mad studio magician when it comes to experimental mashup music! By my own admittance I am terribly out of my depth when it comes to genre in question, but I know what I like and I quite enjoy this. With synths and samples to spare, F slices and dices his way through popular music and odd sound bites in order to create spaced out music that (constantly) keeps you guessing as to what is coming next. With the provided help of my teenagers, Smash Mouth memes and the like are not foreign concepts, but I was still pleasantly surprised by the way in which  F remixed everything and then threw it down. While this might not sell all that well to the headbangers and the punks, "Funnelvision" is spot on as far as matching to the beat of your own drummer is concerned. In this case it's the drummer for a noise rock band...


PS: I can't be the only person who thinks F looks a lot like the actor Craig Roberts. Or can I? Either way, it's meant as a complement. Especially seeing as they are both talented artists who I greatly respect.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home