Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Mean Streak-Metal Slave

Photobucket

2009

I kept thinking of the Y&T album "Mean Streak" as I prepared to play this disc. These guys are from Sweden which has been a glam hot bed in recent years and these guys are from Sweden so I was wondering if it would glam. It didn't long for me to realize that this isn't glam. No sir it is classic metal with a melodic edge. Think back to a simpler time about twenty four-twenty five years when metal could have teeth, but still manage to be instantly infectious with cathy choruses that would be in your mind for the rest of the week. That's the school this band is coming from. The influences include Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Dio, Accept and early Queensryche. Their method is direct and the playing is tight as can be. The range is decent as they go from medium-fast pounding to slower tempo and back in good fashion. It appeals to me because it's the type of metal I grem up with so there is a certain familiarity about that drew me in right away. In fact I played it three times straight even though the first play convinced me of how good it was. The production is fantastic as everything is brought to the surface for the listener to soak in. If there is one problem about this band it may be that my sounding a lot like more established bands they don't do a lot towards establishing their own sound or personality. However they have the talent and the sound to make an impression now and that is more than enough for me.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Woody said...

You should do a clash of the album covers of this with "Be My Slave" by Bitch.

7:11 AM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Actually I was thinking of doing a devil theme week at Whole lotta album covers at some point and this one might show up there.

8:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excuse me, if you like Heavy Metal, listen to SHERATAN's albums:

"Reencarnación" (2006) or "La Maldición" (2008).

Nothing to lose by listening to!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz7JsbsLD4w

http://sheratanmetal.webcindario.com/

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home