Saturday, May 14, 2011

Gernotshagen-Weltenbrand

SMP/Trollzorn Records
2011




Pagan Metal act Gernotshagen was formed in 1999 under the name of "Grafen von Gleichen". This is the German band's third full length release. Now being as it is in German I can't comment on the lyrical content. Sure I had two years of German in high school but that was a whole lifetime ago so you'll have to forgive me if I'm at a loss. The music though I will say is some darkly tinted black/pagan/folk/metal that sounds both twisted (read:EVIL) and dare I say cool? I'm not usually one for pagan metal though I will say this release offers enough plot twists to make it interesting. What "true" metal there is is hard edged as well. Razor sharp enough to draw blood. In fact this could almost pass as pagan power metal. Sure enough it has some European flair to it. Maybe not for everyone (too many metal heads I know won't touch metal that isn't sung in English-your loss!) but for those looking for a new drug this could be the fix.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home