Saturday, November 05, 2011

Junius-Reports from the Threshold of Death


Prosthetic Records
2011





Any band that can draw comparisons to everyone from Opeth to My Bloody Valentine to the deftones (and even the likes of Cave In, Tool, Neurosis, Muse, the Smiths, the Cure, Mogwai and even Isis and Joy Division) has to have something special about them right? To say this is compelling music is to put it lightly. At the very least it's magical. It's heavy enough to fall into a Neurosis territory certainly while invoking images of not only all of the above but for me Oasis. Words like beautiful, majestic, stunning, colorful, epic, swirling and heavenly get overused far too often and yet those words fit so perfectly with Junius. This truly is a worthwhile follow-up to their critically-acclaimed album "The Martyrdom of a Catastrophist". Looks as if I'll have to add another title to my best-of 2011. After all I've been through these past few months this is an album of healing for me. Junius inspire their own religious movement folks. It's simply that amazing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home