Friday, April 13, 2012

Best Hair Metal albums of all time-20-16

The countdown moves on to numbers 20-16. By looking at this set it's safe to assume that 1989 was good year for hair metal.

skid
20-Skid Row -s/t (1989)
I don't like this one near as much as I did back then. Still was a decent kick in the pants that went against the sappier hair metal that was on the rise.

wandc
19-Tigertailz-Young and crazy (1987)
Not their best album (hint hint), but it does feature their best vocalist-Steevi Jaimz.


tora tora
18-Tora Tora -Surprise Attack (1989)
These guys played a solid brand of blues hard rock. It's sugary, but active.

king kobra
17-King Kobra-ready to strike (1985)
If they get remembered at all often this band gets remembered as "oh, yeah the four bleached blond guys and Carmine Appice". Their debut was very tight.

bang tango
16-Bang Tango-psycho cafe (1989)
These guys were impressive on their debut with a mix of hard rock and light funk.

Numbers 15-11 on Saturday.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Metal Mark said...

Now that I think about it I think I'll hold off on this list until Monday so I can do some more reviews over the weekend.

2:48 PM  
Blogger non de guerre said...

Does Motley Crue count as a "Hair Band"? If so, they have my vote!

3:31 PM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Tom-Yes, they count. Wait until I get further down the list.

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home