Saturday, May 14, 2011

Arachnid Demos‏










Self Release

2011


Arachnid are a new teenage metal band from my home state of Ohio. While looking to make a name for themselves the group has been hit with line-up changes as well the usual name change game (so many bands go through the name game it amazes me what is involved with picking a suitable moniker!). Featuring the Wherley brothers Arachnid aims to play music that would "resemble the Doom and Power Metal genre". First things first these are younger metalheads so I have to give my props to them. Considering that there are teenages still interested in real heavy metal gives me hope. Being that they are young some hiccups are to be expected. Track One - "Come And Take It! " catches my attention. Honestly it is raw. What gets me though is that it is old fashioned doom/power metal like they promise. There is room to grow yes. It is just that here we have a straight forward metal tune born of Black Sabbath and Metallica. Now, seeing as track number two was recorded on a cell phone the sound quality could be worse. "Witch Hunt" is also raw. Not as good as "Come And Take It!" is but showing promise. Since I do know the band I might be bias. They have had some ups and downs but have kept going. With talent like theirs the world is open to them.Something tells me the future of heavy metal is in good hands. Find out more at their FaceBook page below.



http://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?sk=group_102722479771709

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home