Friday, October 21, 2011

Top ten hard rock/metal live albums

Photobucket
I like lists a whole lot. Can't remember if I did a live album list on here before or not. Even if I did ignore it because here's my current one. Here they are in order. Agree, disagree or add your list if you like. I may post a top five most disappointing live albums later today. Yes, I do realize that all of these were made in the 70's and 80's. I tried hard to think of a live album done since 1990 that could be in the top ten. While there have been some good ones, I couldn't think of any that were deserving enough to make this list. So here they are in order.

1-Iron Maiden-Live after death
2-Ted Nugent-Double live Gonzos
3-Judas Priest-Unleashed in the east
4-Hanoi Rocks-All those wasted years
5-Motorhead-No sleep 'til Hammersmith
6-Rush-All the worlds a stage
7-UF0-Strangers in the night
8-Scorpions-Tokyo Tapes
9-Black Sabbath-Live at last
10-Raven-Live at the inferno

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

Good list bro.

5:49 AM  
Blogger T-_Bone said...

I like this list. I think Sabbath's Live at Last is not a strong album. I like Past Lives and Live Evil far better.

Would you consider Beast Over Hammersmith from the Maiden box set of several years ago? I love that disc.

On a personal note, I would add Iced Earth - Alive in Athens to this list. They have been disappoinitng the last few albums. I think when Ripper comes into the fold, a band is doomed forever. Judas Priest is a good example of that.

7:13 AM  
Blogger The Mule said...

I want to see your "most disappointing" list before I make any suggestions.

7:43 AM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Andy-Thanks
T-bone-To me Live after death is the live by which all other live albums are measured.
I'm not so big on Iced Earth.
Mule-Just posted it.

4:08 AM  
Blogger Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

No Kiss "Alive?"

8:45 PM  
Blogger Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

And I of course agree with your number one.

8:47 PM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Ray-Alive is good for what it is, but there is still much debate on how live it really is due to how much may or may not have been overdubbed.

5:13 AM  
Blogger johnny said...

don't really see the point in live albums unless you were at the concert, but I do make an exception for Live after death

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Live After Death" is truly legendary. I like the Scorpions "World Wide Live" and "Live Evil" from Sabbath a great deal. Ozzy's "Speak Of The Devil" is pretty darn good. Cheap Trick "At Budokan" has always been a favorite of mine.

Your list is commendable without a doubt. \m/

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home