Saturday, June 01, 2013

State Cows-The Second One

Avenue Of Allies
2013

State Cows is the pair of Daniel Anderson (vocals, guitars) and Stefan Olofsson (keyboards, synth bass). Together, with truck-loads of guest musicians, the pair make up the fun named State Cows and the aptly named "The Second One" is their sophomore-release. This Swedish act plays a blend of Westcoast/AOR and adult contemporary that, while played with passion and enthusiasm, is so sugary sweet it gave me a toothache! Really though it's obvious the target audience here is those into Toto, Steely Dan, Doobie Brothers and Chicago so, given that information, this one hits all the right notes to be warmly embraced by fans and casual listeners alike. While it is a little fluffy for my tastes I will give this pair props for playing their hearts off on "The Second One". Obviously this will have little appeal I suspect to the bulk of our readers, but you never know what people hide, music-appreciation-wise, in the dark. Take me for example. Sure I love my Slayer and Napalm Death, but I also really dig ABBA and the Bee Gees so it's all cool.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home