Friday, January 22, 2010

What's coming up?

Just trying to make it through another week. Looking forward to the weekend and the Championship games for sure. As for music I finally got around to hearing Megadeth's End Game and Sonic Boom from KISS. Sonic Boom is better than I figured, but about 13 years too late for me to really care. It's alright, but very much forced. If they wanted to "get back to their roots" as the catchprase goes then they should have done it some time ago. End Game is as solid as the previous Megadeth release. Nothing new, but tight and to the point.

As for what I will be reviewing this week it will be these (hopefully)...
Orchid-Through the devil's doorway
Edge of forever-Another paradise
Titan-Steps
Forcentury-Vanguard
and maybe that Voivod DVD if I can get around to listening to it.

and
Clash of the album covers

***Have a great week!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's cool to see Megadeth get nominated for a 2010 Grammy for "Best Metal Performance" for "Headcrusher". Despite two Metal beloved bands of mine, Motorhead and Slayer winning Grammy's in the past, (o.k., Metallica too), I still find the Grammy's to be a revolting and plastic Hollywood popularity contest. It felt good to get this Metal ranting off my chest!

I do understand your point about KISS. I am "one of those lifelong fans" of KISS, yup, I have that big soft spot for them. When played very LOUD, "Sonic Boom" does psyche me out.

In Metal - Stone

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home