Sunday, March 18, 2012

Current Playlist

Another week has past us by. With Metal Mark feeling a little under the weather this past week I have tried to post more than usual. With that said I present my weekly play list. As always what are you listening to?

Pretty Maids-Red Hot And Heavy

Fate-Fate

Melvins-Houdini

Benediction-Subconscious Terror

Chinawite-Run For Cover

Ostrogoth-Full Moon's Eyes

Ezy Meat-Not for Wimps (+ Bonus Tracks)

Righteous Pigs-Stress Related/Live And Learn

St. Elmo's Fire-Desperate Years

Mystica Girls-Metalrose


As I look at my weekly list I realize that eighties metal has found a way into heavy rotation as usual. Sure, there is some variety to be found if you dig deep enough. The Melvins are there as is Benediction and Righteous Pigs (an excellent punk/hardcore/noise/grind band for those who are not familiar with the name). St. Elmo's Fire are really 90's hard rock/traditional metal/power metal in nature and Fate (the post-Merciful Fate group) are straight ahead hard rock. Mystica Girls are a newer group out of Mexico that I hope to review in the next few days. They play heavy metal/thrash with some interesting alternative influences tossed in. So, really if you think about it as usual hard rock and eighties metal make up the bulk of this week's list for me. I seem to be a creature of habit. How about you? What do you find dominating your stereo this week?

4 Comments:

Blogger Metal Mark said...

Normally I get a stomach virus once maybe every 3 or 4 years. I had my third one in three months this past week so I didn't listen to much for a couple of days. Just laid around watching Lost in space and Seinfeld. I did manage to hear these during the week.

Angel Witch- Screamin' Assault
UFO-Phenomenon
Saint Vitus-Hallows Victim
Ratt-Dancing undercover and Reach for the sky
White Sister-s/t
Armored Assassin-Damaed Youth
Darkness-Defenders of justice
The Howling soundtrack
Heavy Pink-Flower and pink
UFOmammut-Oro: Opus Primum

4:22 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

Mark-I don't know about your neck of the woods but around these parts it seems as if the flu bug has been going strong all winter long and that it just choose to stick around. If it isn't the flu bug it is colds. My son Matt seems to catch one every other week so I feel your pain. As bad s it is when we are sick it is a thousand times worse to see your children sick.

4:56 AM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

It's been a strange winter in that the weather has been very mild, but the colds and stomach bugs have been much worse than usual.

5:34 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

I don't think it has been cold enough to kill off all the bugs in the air.

5:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home